Labor Day is a day we celebrate hard-working men and women everywhere. In America, our government no longer values its people. We must stand up for each other
against the Elites and oligarchs who have bought and sold our legislators, and who are often the authors and architects of our legislation.
On September 3 and 4, 2018, we stop begging.
We let everyone in Washington know that these issues are our priorities:
- A government that operates on the premise that this country wasn't created solely for white, heterosexual, Christian or wealthy people. Americans are from all over
the world. We worship different gods. Some do not worship at all. We are all different colors. We are different genders, and some are in transition. Some of us are heterosexual, but many of us are
LGBT. Some of us are questioning ourselves in that regard. A few are wealthy, but most are just getting by. More and more of us are getting poorer.
- An end to war-for-profit as a business model. We stand in solidarity against America's imperial interventionist aggression that feeds the never-ending greed of the
globalist war profiteers.
- An honest government that spends our money on us. We know we have been lied to about not having enough money to fund programs. We are not
broke. And neither is Social Security or any other earned benefit (they are not "entitlements"). We never hear them say they don't have enough money to wage war. Our currency is sovereign. We not
only use it. We make it. We have enough money to take care of our needs, including quality health care for all, good jobs paying a living wage, and free education.
- $15 an hour as the wage floor. We will accept nothing less. We call on unions to vigorously fight
"right to work" legislation spreading across the nation. This is nothing more than union-busting, and an assault on worker rights and wages.
- An end to the police brutality spreading across the nation, and directed at people of color. This critical problem ceased to be "a few rogue cops" several murders
back. Black Lives Matter. Period. Police who cross the line have no business being allowed back into service. More importantly, they must be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. We also call
for an immediate end to the militarization of our police forces across the nation.
- A just economy that serves everyone, not just the top one percent. This includes the hard-working immigrants who help make our economy run. While we support
comprehensive immigration reform, we want everyone currently here to be given a path to citizenship. We do not support raids, harassment or deportation.
- Fair trade agreements. We must insist that foreign workers in partner countries are paid decent living wages that facilitate the growth of family-sustaining
economies. People should not have to leave their homes and their countries to support their families.
- A government that respects the lives, customs and beliefs of Native Americans, and honors treaties signed with them. They do not expire. Their sacred land is
theirs to use as they see fit, and agents of the government have no right to steal it and misuse it to please their corporate masters.
- A responsible government that recognizes the reality and danger of climate change and how mankind has contributed to this process. We call on our government to invest
in renewable energy sources like solar, wind and water rather than drilling in the Arctic or fracking ourselves to death. We also call on the government to stop investing in
environmentally-disastrous pipelines like DAPL and Keystone-XL, which will only exascerbate climate change.